Society for Compassion And Peace (SCAP) is a non-profit charitable organization registered under the Travancore-Cochin Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Regulation Act 1955. It is promoted by a group of like-minded people comprising educationists, psychologists, peace activists, nonviolent communication supporters and student volunteers.
We envision a world filled with compassion, peace and joy. The world becomes a spiritual community living in close communion with God and fellow-beings. Here everyone enjoys inner freedom, connect compassionately and live harmoniously. Shared humanity and oneness of creation are respectfully understood and lived by all.
SCAP stands for promoting:
- compassion and peace
- spirituality and holistic living
- quality relationships through compassionate connection and personal enrichment
- nonviolence in word and deed
- deeper democracy and effective participation in decision making
- justice and social consciousness.
Our Assumptions:Peace is possible
- Inner peace is essential for outer peace.
- Human nature is divine, compassionate and wise.
- Compassion is the core of all religions.
We draw inspiration from:
- all major world religions
- visionaries and compassionate leaders like Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King and Mother Theresa
- We are committed to work among all sections of the society irrespective of socio-religious differences.
- We work through awareness creation programs, group sharing, discussion forums, visits, pilgrimages, empathy support and need based help.